Life and Environment – the Umbrella Group for Israeli Environmental Organizations, supports its member organizations throughout the country, anywhere and at any time.
The mission of Life and the Environment is to create a broad and effective environmental movement, while supporting our member organizations and grassroots groups, in their actions to advance sustainability, environmental and social justice, equal access to environmental resources and equal distribution of environmental burden. Life and Environment and its member organizations recognize the social responsibility of the public and the business sectors as well as civil society toward future generations.
The benefits and duties of member organizations
Why Become a Member Organization?
- Pay annual membership fees (table of membership fees)
- Agree to be listed as a member organization and ensure that organizational data is up to date
- Adhere to the statute of Life and Environment
- Participate in Annual General Meetings as well as in other activities organized by Life and Environment
- Have the opportunity to influence the content and participate in the design of activities organized by Life and Environment
- Members have the right to elect the Executive Board
- Members can be elected to serve on the Executive Board
- Members can be elected for any standing committees
- Member can participate in any decision-making forum that shapes the agenda and programs implemented by Life and Environment
Becoming representatives in state and official institutions:
- Be regularly informed on decisions and meeting content of planning committees and other institutions that are relevant to environmental protection.
- Have the right to be appointed member of national and regional planning committees.
- Have the right to be appointed member of other institutions by virtue of the Representation Law.
- Have the right to be appointed member of municipal environmental protection committees.
Forums and events:
- Free participation in conferences and forums aiming to enhance cooperation among environmental organizations. Non-member organizations will be charged a fee.
- Discounted fees for using the NGO Home’s facilities (40 ILS/h instead of 50 ILS/h).
- Receive timely information about lectures/training seminars and courses for environmental and other civil society organizations.
- In cooperation with the NGO Home, Life and Environment allows member organizations who need a space for lectures/meetings, to use their facilities. Life and Environment will share event information to its distribution lists.
- Enjoy all resources shared by member organizations, including information about courses, training seminars and more.
- Have access to 2 advisory sessions per year.
- Member organizations have a designated area on the web site of Life and Environment.
- Life and Environment ensures high visibility of member organizations through its newsletter and Facebook page as well as through the NGO Home newsletter.
- Have access to Legal Clinics affiliated with various universities (in development).
- Have access to civil society organizations that provide professional services through the NGO Home.
Becoming a member
Download and fill in the Application Form
Complete the following form and attach the previous form